Understanding composite C1 from new control design prospective...

Topics: Community, Feature requests, General
Dec 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Hi,

I am creating a new site using C1 which will have SQL SERVER as backend. I would like to create a new control in C1 which will have its own tables and data. This control will be part of page beside other controls in page. What is the best way to achieve this in C1.

I am somewhat confused about the role and usase of following in C1. Can someone put some more thoughts on this please.

-- Page Type

-- Functions

-- Datatypes

Appriciate your help!!!

Developer
Dec 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Hi!

Regarding this:

The_False_Rock wrote:

I am somewhat confused about the role and usase of following in C1. Can someone put some more thoughts on this please.

-- Page Type

-- Functions

-- Datatypes

Page Types:

Functions:

+

Data types: 

+

/Vitaly

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I have already started reading all but still i am confused about how to achieve following or what is the best way to achieve this?

"I am creating a new site using C1 which will have SQL SERVER as backend. I would like to create a new control in C1 which will have its own tables and data. This control will be part of page beside other controls in page. How this control can be mapped with the existing page metadata and structure. What is the best way to achieve this in C1."

I am sure i am missing something here, trying to crack but not able to do it. There are so many things that are confusing me. 

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM

sounds more like to me, that you want to create something that lives completely outside of the scope of C1, and then just include it on a page as a regular .ascx control, no?