Composite C1 4.0 (4.0.4897.31550) Write a review for this releaseGetting started
If you are new to Composite C1 and want to install it: http://docs.composite.net/Getting-startedWhat's new in Composite C1 4.0
The following are highlights of major changes since Composite C1 3.2:General user features:
- Uploads up to 512MB accepted in the media archive
- New “Block Selector” in Visual Editor – enable users to create styled div, blockquote etc. elements (not yet available in IE)
- IE9 and IE10 run in standards mode and have very good performance
- Support for older IE7 and IE8 dropped
- IE10 has spell checking in all input fields (like Firefox)
- When media files are updated (like uploading a new image on top of an existing one) all client caches are automatically invalidated
- Drop down menus support searches
- Free hand image re-size in visual editor - images resized server side
- New URL combobox widget allow for both internal URLs and a typed URL
- The C1 Console tree showing website pages now use the 'Menu Title' for labels
- New starter site (bootstrap/less/razor)
- Support for .NET 4 and .NET 4.5
- ASP.NET Razor, Web Forms and Master pages are now 1st class citizens
- Support for inline SVG in page html, function output etc.
- Data type editor let you make XHTML fields with one click.
- Data type Editor now enable you to control sorting on tree elements
- Public API expanded - http://api.composite.net/
- VisualEditor; code view; setting attributes on <body/> now kept and lifted to rendered page.
- Visual Editor pick up on CSS/LESS file changes and next load.
- Support CDATA sections - enable unstructured markup to be placed in function output.
- New C1 Functions HtmlTitleValue and MetaDescriptionValue (namespace Composite.Web.Htm.Template) which will output final title and description of a page.
- Adding head element filtering (filtering on duplicate meta tag definitions, duplicate script and css includes).
- Page Template supports Razor and Master pages with full C1 Console edit support in the Layout perspective
- Razor Functions and User Control Functions known from C1Contrib build in, added to public API and manageable from within the C1 Console
- In Layout perspective, New "Page Templates Features" allow you to maintain templates elements (like footer texts, navigation and aside columns functions) in a code free environment.
- Code editor has razor syntax highlighting
- ASP.NET Sitemap provider support
- Copy XSLT Functions
- OnStoreChange data event introduced for better scale out support
- IFormLoginProvider and related types now exposed in the public API
- RenderingResponseHandler and related types now exposed in the public API
- Error boxes shown when a C1 Function fail on a page look better than ever. Highlighting the offending line etc.
- New "HTTPS Enforcer" feature on the C1 Console (see https://compositec1.codeplex.com/workitem/1661) - easy config to make the C1 Console either force HTTPS or be unavailable.
- Install and perform well on Azure Websites.
- Now possible to delete (or not copy) the "/Composite" folder on a deployment.
- The C1 Console "Tools | Server Log" now offer filtering of event types '
- XML data files serialize elements sorted by primary key. Makes use with code versioning systems easier.
- Changes to XML data files are picked up. Data is reloaded and OnStoreChange are fired, updating all relevant Composite C1 caches.
You can upgrade from 4.0 beta releases and earlier versions of Composite C1 - upgrading gives you access to all 4.0 features, fixes and packages.Manual upgrade from 3.2 and earlier:
See https://compositec1.codeplex.com/discussions/461520Supported and automated upgrade
For automated and supported upgrade tool see https://www.composite.net/Plans-and-PricingUpgrading from 4.0 Beta:
- Take a backup of your website
- Launch the C1 Console
- Go to System | Packages | Available Packages | Composite.Updates
- Select "Package Info" on the update available and click "Install"